2014 is over after today. It was a great year. Many wonderful things happened that I got to share with family, Brian, and my friends. I did many things this year from traveling, doing new workouts, wearing new fashion, and even fitting in an amusement park ride for the first time since high school!
First I would like to address my confidences with my fashion. Before this year I never wore anything that showed off my curves or skin. I never wanted to show off myself. 2014 was different. I showed off curves and I showed off skin. I purchased my first bikini and did not care what people said when they saw me in it. I wore my first curve popping dress and danced the night away. I did not care what people said and I felt confident with myself. This confidence made me feel happier and I got so many comments!
Second I went to Mexico with Brian and it was a great experience. I did a lot of fitness things there. I road an actual bike for the first time in years. Yes, I spin a lot but I have not been on a non-stationary bike in years. It was nerve wrecking and exciting and I did it. It took me a while to get used to it and the kids in the bike tour laughed at me, but I did an awesome job. Also, Mexico was great for dancing! I went to their night club one night and danced so much I was sweating to death. I loved Mexico and I would go back again.
Third I started to do Insanity. Back in May my gym stopped doing kick boxing. I was upset, but they started to do an Insanity class. Now it is called “Insane Boot camp” so my gym does not get sued..go figure. Anyway, I was TERRIBLE at this class but I was determined to become strong with this class. I do it every Monday and Thursday. I thought this would be something I would never do. When the people at Rachael Ray called me they asked if I would be interested in doing Shaun.T’s workouts..Shaun.T was going to be on the show with Bob Harper. I said no, because I thought they wanted me to do it for the show! I never did before. Now I wish they would call me back..I would kick everyone’s butts in the stage crew, audience, and Rachael Ray with this work out now. No offense.
Fourth I picked up a new hobby. I learned how to crochet. Crocheting is a great hobby because I am so busy with my hands I do not have time to snack. I made my co-workers, students, and cousins gifts for Christmas. I enjoy crocheting and I hope to get back at it. It relaxes me and it keeps me from sitting around and stuffing my face.
Fifth I worked somewhere that helped me stay in shape and now eat. I worked at a local haunted attraction that kept me busy at night. The haunt kept my body moving so much. I would squat, jump, run, and do any types of movements to keep my body moving. I would drink a whole gallon of water. It was a lot on my body but it was awesome. Turned out I was good at it too.
Last, I finished my master’s thesis. Not only did I finish, but I passed. I am going to graduate on January 16th and earn my MA in English. This was the biggest accomplishment for 2014. When it was over I was left speechless and emotional. It was a big roller coaster in my life but I am so glad it is over. This accomplishment was great, but it killed my health habits. The stress destroyed me with eating and the work load killed my workout schedule. I only thought about my thesis. I did not want to do anything else but write and eat. I am so happy this is over because now I am free. Do not get me wrong, I am SO thrilled I finished my master’s thesis and I would do it again if I had to..but I would have to think of how to handle that differently. It stressed me out so bad.
What I learned this year was weight loss is not easy and keeping it off is not easy. Habits can die quickly too if you do not keep up with it. I am upset with myself to let things get away from me. I have gained almost twenty pounds this year. To be positive, I did pick up new habits, learned to take risks with different classes, and gained confidence with my outfits. I do have many goals for 2015..
- Regain my habits again. I will go to the gym at least five times a week. I will start using My Fitness Pal and count calories. I will not over eat, I will stop drinking so much, and I will gain my confidence again. This is number 1. I cannot do anything else until I regain my old habits. I am following Bob Harper’s The Skinny Rules and I am trying to relearn everything once again. I know I can do this again.
- I want to do more 5K’s. I only did two and it was back in 2013. I did not do any this year. I want to train for them once again and start doing them in the spring. I really want to do The Color Run again and in October I want to do a zombie run. Not only do I want to do 5K’s..I would love to do a Mud Run. Who wants to get down and dirty with me?
- I want to lift more. I believe that muscle is better than being just skinny. I do not want to be skinny. I want to be strong.
- I want to try new workouts. I have never done real yoga before. I am always afraid to try it at the gym. Not sure why. Not sure what other classes to try but I know they are out there.
- I want to try a zip line course. My Mom is talking about taking me to on in Myrtle Beach in May and I really want to do this.
- I would like to start riding a bike. I am not sure if my bike is in any type of condition to go for a ride. I should just test it but I was so busy I kept forgetting. I should try it now.
- I am not sure if this is a goal for 2015 or just a lifetime goal..I really want to be certified to teach spin. I do not think I am there right now with what kind of shape I am in, but I am determined to get back into shape. I am also determined to be certified one day.
- I want to write and update my blog more. I do not want to update this blog with so many “Transformation Tuesdays” this year. I want actual helpful blog posts. I want to post work out routines, recipes, and helpful advice. Always showing off my transformation is rather annoying..I think so anyway.
- This could go along with a 5K or whatever..but I would love to do the three-day Susan G.Komen walk in Philadelphia. I really would love to do this.
- Um…Ride a mechanical bull. Why has this not happened?
2014 has been a great year even though I lost my habits along the way. I do not regret 2014. It may have not been my year, but I did love every second of it. I am ready for 2015 though. 2015 is going to make me strong, lean, and mean. I am ready for all the obstacles that will come along my way. My habits will come back, my confidence will be restored, and motivation will stay.
I hope everyone had a wonderful 2014. I hope you all have a fantastic New Year. Get ready for January 1st. 2015 is going to be ours. Great ready everyone! It is not going down without a fight. Happy New Year!!